Plant Prefab is the first prefabricated home factory in the nation dedicated to sustainable construction, materials, processes, and operations. Plant manufactures custom, single-family and multi-family homes that are high-quality, healthy, and durable. With their patented building system, Plant delivers lower-cost homes in half the time and with less waste than traditional, site-based contractors. Plant models are fully customizable and available to individuals, developers, and architects. Plant was spun out of LivingHomes, and major funding was provided by Amazon and Obvious Ventures. The company currently operates out of a 62,000-square-foot facility in Rialto, California, with a design studio in Santa Monica, CA.
The Project Coordinator will be a key member of our project management team, supporting project managers to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet the company's high standards for quality. The Project Coordinator will prepare takeoffs and schedules, and will manage a variety of administrative duties like project documentation, RFIs, change orders, and meeting minutes. Excellent time management and communication skills will help this role support both clients and internal teams deliver projects on time. The position will be based in Plant's headquarters in Rialto, CA.
• Maintain consistent and clear communication with production, clients, and internal staff.
• Provide specifications and scope of work documents for contract.
• Track costs and production efficiency.
• Liaise with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives.
• Ensure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve.
• Help prepare budgets and scope of work.
• Coordinate procurement schedules for timely delivery.
• Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
• Submit change orders and RFIs using BuilderTrend.
• Act as project point of contact, as necessary, to keep all project stakeholders abreast of project updates.
• Work with project managers to provide timely processing of project documentation.
• Use BuilderTrend to monitor working hours, plans, and expenditures.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including plans, reports, pictures, and videos.
• Ensure that all standards and requirements are met by conducting quality assurance tests.
• Interact with clients, architects, engineers, MEP designers, state and local Jurisdictions, and Plant staff to understand and incorporate project objectives, schedules, and costs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role; PMP or project management certification a plus
• 3-5 years of hands-on experience in ground-up, residential, multifamily construction or related trades, or 1-2 years of direct project management experience in another industry
• Ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules, and step-by-step action plans
• Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
• Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
• Familiarity with quality control procedures
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as Planswift, Sage, and similar takeoff software
• Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Basecamp, QuickBase, Buildertrend, Sage, etc.)
• Strong understanding of blueprints, architectural, and structural plans
Salary + Benefits:
• Salary and stock options commensurate with experience and skills
• Excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance
• The opportunity to work with great architects and meaningfully contribute to projects that improve the quality of life for people and the planet
• The opportunity to join a successful startup that's reinventing an industry
Please apply on Workable, taking care to complete all required fields.