Plant Prefab, is the first prefabricated home factory in the nation dedicated to sustainable construction, materials, processes, and operations. Plant manufactures custom and single/multifamily homes that are high-quality, healthy, and durable. With their patented building system, Plant delivers low-cost homes in half the time and with less waste than traditional site-based contractors. Plant models are fully customizable and available to individuals, developers, and architects. Plant was spun out of LivingHomes, and major funding was provided by Amazon and Obvious Ventures. The company operates out of a 62,000 sf facility in Rialto, California, with a design studio in Santa Monica, CA.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for accurately maintaining the general ledger, assisting in financial reporting, performing data verification, supporting growth in third-party relations, and enabling management to analyze operational tactics to make sound financial decisions aligned with company objectives. The position will be located in our Rialto headquarters.
• Gathering, maintaining and analyzing information for the general ledger system from multiple departments and reconciles accounts on a timely basis.
• Analyzing and verifying general ledger system for accuracy.
• Preparing general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
• Developing and implementing accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
• Responding to various accounting and financial questions by researching data.
• Developing, implementing, and reviewing financial policies and procedures.
• Assisting in third-party relations, including landlord, subcontractors, vendors, credit applications, financing, collections, and project bonding, among others.
• Ensuring all legal and regulatory documents, including OSHA/safety are filed, and monitoring compliance with laws and regulations.
• Assisting, as needed, in HR processes including new hire on-boarding activities and benefits administration.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance
• Minimum of 3 years professional accounting experience
• Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently
• Knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) a plus
• Desire to continue to grow through continuing training
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Plant Prefab
Salary and stock options commensurate with experience and skills. Other great benefits including the opportunity to work with great architects and to create homes that improve the quality of living for people and the planet.
Please apply on Workable. No applications will be accepted without a cover letter.