We seek a key individual who will manage our Design Studio. You will manage a small, growing team of architects and designers. The ideal candidate will be based in the Los Angeles area, have 7-10 years experience specializing in single and multi-family residential Type V construction, and be a Licensed Architect in California. You must also have broad knowledge of architecture principles and practices, utilize advanced techniques and have responsibility for reviewing finished plans, specifications to meet office standards and code compliance. This is a hands-on, full-time position.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage current design staff in LivingHomes studio located in Santa Monica, CA.
- Create, monitor and track project schedules and estimates.
- Ensure projects are expertly planned, coordinated, permitted and administered, on time and on budget, and that clients are extremely well served during the process.
- Support sales and marketing personnel at plant prefab.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of junior staff.
- Determine scope of work and prepare proposals, estimates and contracts as needed.
- Ensure clients receive superior service.
- Work with design staff to develop standard homes and building components.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A licensed California Architect.
- Broad knowledge of residential building systems, Type V construction, building and zoning codes and residential construction costs.
- Ability to manage teams to design and deliver projects through all project phases, on time and budget, including allocating resources and time and coordinating consultants.
- Ability to manage multiple project schedules, keeping them up-to-date and keeping team members on track for meeting schedule goals.
- Ability to lead project teams to common goals, mentor junior staff, encourage teamwork and communication, and inspire the team with a sincere work ethic.
- Develop staffing plan and attract and develop personnel as office grows.
- Familiarity with Revit, including utilizing such software for residential and multi-family home design
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project, or similar.
- Commitment to and knowledge of market trends and best practices in sustainable design.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills, with team members, clients and consultants.
- An eye for detail and a desire to perform at a high level.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and responsibility for their work and actions.
- LEED certification experience and knowledge of prefabrication systems is a plus.
Salary, performance-based bonus and stock options commensurate with experience and skills. Other benefits include the opportunity to work with great architects and to create homes that improve the quality of living for people and the planet.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No applications will be accepted without a cover letter and cv with relevant project experience.