We're always on the lookout for the healthiest and most sustainable building products.
In an ideal world we'd build exclusively from a material that is:
- 100% recyclable
- Made from 100% recycled material
- Extremely durable and long lasting
- Zero maintenance
- Light weight
- Very strong in both compression and tension
- Inexpensive to produce
- Produced locally
- Healthful to produce — and creates no harmful substances in its production or use.
Currently, we're looking for these systems and materials — our "hot list:"
- Low maintenance exterior cladding, including concrete panels, metal panels, and refrigeration panels
- Rain screen systems
- Low flow faucets
- High insulation windows, skylights, and transparent panels
- A whole-house water filtration system
- Alternate structural systems, including SIPs and aluminum frames
- Panelized interior ceilings and walls
- Lighting and lighting control systems