The LivingHome C6 series was inspired by a tradition of courtyard homes that began with the
Romans and that defined the mid-century modern developments of Joe Eichler. It supports an
outdoor/indoor lifestyle that extends the utility of the LivingHome beyond its interior space.
The CK series builds on the C6s with one and two story designs and floorplans that are optimized
for urban locations and tight lots.
Here's what makes these LivingHomes Comfy, Conscious, Complete.
- Warm. Cork floors, wood ceiling, natural wood millwork and optional wood siding make
the LivingHomes warm and comfy!
- Indoor/outdoor living. Multiple sliding glass doors make it easy to bring the indoor out
and out, in.
- Light filled spaces. Floor-to-ceiling glass, clerestory windows, solar tubes, and transom windows bring light into all parts of the home, including the closets.
- Smart heating/AC that reduces your power bill and that keeps you comfy! Super
insulation, ceiling fans, and appropriate shading reduces heating/cooling needs. The Nest
Learning Thermostat learns how you live and keeps the LivingHome at the temperature
- Open plan. The kitchen, dining, and living space are all connected, making it easy for all in the family to share – or do their own thing.
- Lots of storage. The LivingHome contain ample storage, particularly in the kitchen.
- Soft-close drawers. The Armstrong cabinet drawers almost close themselves.
- Comprehensive environmental program. The CK/C6 Series features the most
comprehensive environmental program we've done to date. It's the first LivingHome to
achieve most of our Z6 Environmental Goals; it's Energy Star® certified and designed for
LEED Platinum certification; and it includes Cradle-to-Cradle® inspired materials. The
benefit of all this: the LivingHome is much healthier for you (minimum indoor air pollution)
and uses far less energy, water and material resources than typical homes (minimum
ecological footprint). Good for you and your karma.
- Real time feedback on your energy use. An environmental monitoring system provides
real-time feedback on energy use, so you can make informed choices about how and
when you use power.
- A home that pays it forward. We learned a lot from Make It Right about how to make
the CK/C6 Series more affordable. So we donate a portion of each sale to them, in
appreciation of that.
- Starting at $139,000*. This price includes: all hard costs for the LivingHome (finishes,
fixtures, plus features you typically pay extra for like automated lighting and heating
control and home security, etc.); permit ready drawings; an extended warranty (see
below); and carbon offset. Not included: transportation, installation, foundation, permit
costs, site prep, photovoltaics, specialty agency review. Click here to see more on what's included.
* Local costs may vary and options extra.
- Comprehensive, extended double warranty system. Our manufacturers offer a
standard home warranty: 1 year on everything; 2 years on mechanical, electrical and
plumbing systems. In addition, we include an extra warranty from 2/10, the largest
and oldest of the home warranty coverage providers, which offers backup for the
manufacturer warranty, and includes coverage for all site work and a 10 year warranty on
all structural work, which is 10x what is standard.